Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Review: "Night's Awakening" by Donna Grant

Night's Awakening
(Dark Kings #2)
Publishing Date: 8/28/12
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought for Kindle

Description:
Fueled by dragon magic, the dark immortal warriors were never meant to feel human desire, much less fall in love. But when Guy, a member of an ancient order of shape-shifting warriors, meets Elena Griffin—a mere mortal whose beauty and blind ambition shakes him to his core—all bets are off…

Having left America to explore the Scottish Highlands, Elena suddenly finds herself lost in a dark cave—alone, injured, and utterly hopeless…until Guy appears from out of nowhere. Is she dreaming her own rescue when she falls into his arms? A man—and a passion—this strong is too good to be true. It’s only a matter a time before she learns the truth about the flames in his heart. And the dragon in his soul…
Photobucket
My Review:
I got up in the middle of the night to make sure my pre-order of "Night's Awakening" downloaded to my Kindle.  I think I squealed just a bit once I saw it officially.  =)  
I even decided to stay up just a little bit to read it, although I was exhausted from the day before.  I was determined to read Guy's story.  
Elena is off exploring with her boss, Sloan, who wants to go caving on private land.  Elena knows something is up with her boss because supposedly Sloan has never been in the caves they're exploring, but for some reason she's getting around really easily.  
Before she knows it, Elena finds herself alone in the cave and injured...until three men come to her rescue...or actually come to find out why she is on their land.  
The three men who come upon Elena are determined to find out why Elena is in their caves and why her boss felt the need to go searching without permission.  Now they have to interrogate her to find out the truth, but also heal her in the mean time since she's injured.
 Guy one of the guys who helped Elena is feeling very attracted to her and he should not be.  He is determined to know why she was in the caves and of course try to prove her innocence.  
My thoughts on "Night's Awakening" was that it captured my attention just like the first one did.  Let's just say, hubby was getting annoyed with me at dinner when we went out to eat and I would not put down my Kindle to eat.  I kept telling him just one more minute I will be finished.  =)  
I love Guy in this book. I thought Hal stole my heart, but for some reason Guy has become a favorite of mine.  I clicked with him and actually felt sorry when he asked Elena a certain question towards the end of the book. I was about to go through the book and slap Elena silly if she didn't give him a better answer.  
Elena plays a major role in this book and iI loved the cliff-hanger at the end.  Now I really want to know what is going on with the dragons and who is behind everything.  (won't tell...because I will give it away to any one who wants to read this novella)  
I loved the chemistry between Guy and Elena...and let's just say they have some steamy scenes together.  (One scene involving water)  =)  
I'm so glad Donna wrote these books because I love dragon shifters and I can not get enough of the men she wrote in these books.  I really hope I get to read some more of Constantine in the next book (I really want to know more about him).  Oh and Tristan...can we finally find out who he is and why he is the way he is.  I'm REALLY interested in him.  
If you love dragon shifters, you'll definitely want to check out the Dark Kings.  =)  The third book releases next month and this gal has already pre-ordered it.  Have you?
I recommend this book to paranormal romance readers, dragon shifter lovers, and Donna Grant fans (or readers who have always wanted to read Donna Grant's book).  You definitely need to read these e-novellas.  You won't regret it one bit.  
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB