Author Spotlight

Author Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Series Spotlight

Follow Us

Top Picks for May

© 2012 Book Lovin' Mamas. All Rights Reserved.. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search BLM

Important Announcement for our Followers

To ALL our followers....It is time for Book Lovin' Mamas to make the switch from Blogger to Wordpress.
We do not want to wake up one day and notice that we cannot logon to our blog due to Blogger changing its policies.
We have worked too hard to have that happen...so it is long overdue, we have moved over to our domain.
It will make it easier for YA'LL to find us.
We have already started to post over at the new site...and August 1st will be official day we say GOODBYE to this site for good.
We would love for you to follow us over at our new site because we LOVE and appreciate you all for being with us on our Blogger site.
You can find us now at - booklovinmamas.com
You can even click our blog badge below to go to our new site -
Book Lovin’ Mamas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We hope to see everyone of you over there and I hope you all are prepared for lots of giveaways coming in August and are prepared for Anna & I's big 30th birthday bash - August 18th-September 5th.
We have lots of stuff to giveaway to you all and we are bringing our 30th birthday in style. =)
GOODBYE Blogger - It was nice while it lasted...but it's time for a BIG change and to make it easier for our followers to find us. =)
Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review - "Night of the Tiger" by N.J. Walters


Night of the Tiger

(Hades’ Carnival #1)
Author:  N.J. Walters
Publisher:  Samhain Publishing
Release Date: 1/15/13
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought (Amazon)
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Author’s Website: www.njwalters.com

Description
Aimee Horner lives and breathes her career as a graphic novel illustrator, but she never expected it would invade her dreams. In recent months, worsening nightmares have pulled her into the darkest corners of Hell.

On a rare night out with friends at a traveling carnival, she finds herself strangely drawn to an abandoned carousel adorned with vividly exotic animals. One steed, a massive white tiger, is a temptation she can’t resist. The moment she climbs upon him, her world changes forever.

More than five thousand years ago, Roric and his fellow shapeshifting warriors were imprisoned in their animal forms, a last-ditch effort by the goddess they served to save them from the horrors of Hell.

With one special woman’s touch, he has a chance at freedom and redemption—but the clock is ticking. If he is still alive in twenty-four hours, the spell will be broken, and Hell will have no claim on his soul. The only hitch is his blazing attraction to Aimee. If only he could trust that she isn’t merely a distraction sent by Hades—luscious bait to lure him from his mission.



Review
I absolutely loved this book! I knew before reading it that I would enjoy it but I had no idea how much I until I finally got to read it! I’ve been a fan of this author for a while now and I really enjoy all that I’ve read but this is most definitely my favorite!!! The concept is very interesting; I love the whole idea of these immortal shape-shifters who were made by a goddess, only to be imprisoned because of Hades wanting to use them in his fight for power. I love books with aspects of Greek mythology and I have to say, this is one of my favorites ever! Oh and the crazy carnival theme, with the demons being the ones who are running it, that was pretty creepy! Everything about it is pretty much awesome!!!

Aimee, the heroine in this story, is a graphic novel illustrator and a loner so she rarely leaves her house. You’ll find out more about why she’s a loner when you read the book. Roric, the hero, is an ancient shape shifting warrior who has been imprisoned in his Tiger shape, between dimensions and unable to actually be a part of the world but was able to see time pass the whole time. These two characters fit so well together! Who better to be with a beautiful tiger shape shifter than someone who can and has drawn him in all of his magnificence? Aimee is one of my favorite heroines ever! The girl is 100% Bad Ass! There is one particular part, the first big fight scene actually, when she really kicks butt! I literally yelled out loud (my husband thought I lost my mind) because it was that cool! J And Roric, oh man! If I had to choose one favorite Paranormal creature/character type that is my very favorite, I would pick tiger shifters! There’s just something about the idea of a big beautiful cat turning into a big beautiful man!!! And Roric is definitely that! ;)

This was a fantastic read! The story was great, very well written, and the characters are some of her best! I loved her descriptions, of the demons and Hades, of The Lady of the Beasts and the shifters, even Aimee's art work, it really pulls you into the story and helps you see what the characters are seeing and feel what the characters are feeling! I can not wait for the next book in this series, I’m so looking forward to seeing where the author takes these wonderful characters! If you love paranormal romance, read this book! I kid you not, you will LOVE it!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us to OUR new Site

(By clicking our Blog Badge)
Book Lovin’ Mamas

Follow us via FB